Adequately delivered blood flow is necessary for effective hemodialysis, which according to a 2008 national Japanese survey, was on average 197 ± 31 ml/min. With this in mind, a group of Japanese clinicians sought to find the discrepancies between actual delivered flow and the pump flow reported by the dialysis machine.
Transonic ’s Gold Standard Hemodialysis optimizes dialysis adequacy by:
- Identifying a Discrepancy Between Pump Setting & Delivered Blood Flow as a result of:
- Effects of negative pump pressure effects;
- Condition of access;
- Needle size & placement;
- Kinked or occluded tubing;
- Calibration of the dialysis machine;
- Change in type of dialysis tubing,
- Calibration of Flow/dilution Sensors.